In This Section
The Housing and Opportunity Foundation of Kern completed another successful year serving the community of Kern County. Some of the programs and services the Foundation was able to support in 2020 included:
- 2 small business loans were awarded $7,000 through the WIN Loan Program.
- $10,000 was allocated to the Educational Scholarship Program, 18 recipients were awarded.
- Jessica’s Christmas provided 160 families with $25 gift cards, 120 Christmas gifts to children, and 264 gifts to seniors.
- The Senior Food Pantry continues to provide needed groceries to low-income seniors at our Plaza Towers site.
- 41 COVID-19 vaccines have been administered on-site, 86 Seniors were transported to clinics and pharmacies to received their vaccines.
- 437 seniors received food and hygiene baskets
- 65 participants attended the Annual FSS Conference.
- Renewed the My Financial Academy program to provide financial literacy courses.
- We held online Virtual Homeownership Workshops and Financial Literacy Workshops.